Grapefruit and Lavender Mocktail
A thirst-quenching, tart, herbal mixture, this grapefruit and lavender mocktail recipe uses vinegars from Tart as seen on From the Source, season 3. This recipe makes a batch of 6 drinks. Katie Button recommends serving it in a glass with a sugared rim to cut the sourness from the vinegar, and using crushed ice, if available!
Grapefruit & Lavender Mocktail
- 1 slice of lime
- 3 sprigs mint
- 9 ounces Tart Oro Blanco vinegar plus two tablespoons for dampening glass
- 6 ounces Tart Lavender vinegar
- 3 ounces simple syrup
- 6 ounces sparkling water
Rim & Garnish
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup salt
- 6 slices lime
- 6 sprigs mint
- crushed ice
- Place the mint and lime into a pitcher or large bowl and muddle together. Stir the oro blanco and lavender vinegars and the simple syrup.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar and salt and mix together. Dampen the edge/rim of the beverage glasses with the reserved 2 tablespoons of oro blanco vinegar and roll one side of the glass into the salt and sugar mixture. Think margarita rim.
- Fill the glass with ice and garnish a slice of lime and a sprig of mint. Pour 3 oz of the vinegar mixture into each glass. Top with 1 oz of sparkling water and enjoy.
Cooks Note: to make simple syrup, combine equal parts by volume of sugar and water and bring to a simmer. Allow to cool before using.